The Art of War USx Rd 16 | VN/BFP Travian Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dark Knight Discussion ******SPOILERS AHEAD******

5 posters

Go down

Dark Knight Discussion ******SPOILERS AHEAD****** Empty Dark Knight Discussion ******SPOILERS AHEAD******

Post by Guest Mon Jul 21, 2008 4:08 pm

I repeat...if you have NOT seen the movie, go to the top right corner of the screen and hit the X, click back...whatever you want to do.

I in no way, shape or form take any pleasure in ruining movies that other people haven't seen.

***********************************You Have Been Warned***********************************

Back to top Go down

Dark Knight Discussion ******SPOILERS AHEAD****** Empty Re: Dark Knight Discussion ******SPOILERS AHEAD******

Post by Guest Mon Jul 21, 2008 4:12 pm

At the end of the film Harvey Dent (Aka Two-Face) is "dead" ....or is he?

It is my belief that he is actually still alive.

The focus of the epiloge is painting gothem in a way that although it may not be the truth, that the motive is for the greater good. Thus, a person behind a mask is blamed for crucial mistakes, and one whom stood in the public eye is memorialized as a hero. The tainted underbelly of the city is simply swept under the rug.

Thoughts? Discuss. bounce

Back to top Go down

Dark Knight Discussion ******SPOILERS AHEAD****** Empty Re: Dark Knight Discussion ******SPOILERS AHEAD******

Post by Miaka Mon Jul 21, 2008 4:53 pm

I would think 2-face would be alive simply because they need a villain for the next film, but the way it was written (not anticipating Heath Ledger's death) would make it appear as though two-face is indeed dead and that Joker was supposed to be part 3's villain again.

I cannot believe how incredibly amazing Heath Ledger was as The Joker. That was the greatest acting performance I have ever seen in my life.
Miaka
Miaka
Level 3
Level 3

Number of posts : 1930
Registration date : 2008-06-03

http://www.myspace.com/bakamiaka

Back to top Go down

Post by Zergzilla Mon Jul 21, 2008 5:19 pm

I really believe that Heath was probably the BEST superhero villian EVER!!!!
Zergzilla
Zergzilla
Level 3
Level 3

Number of posts : 1337
Registration date : 2008-05-28

http://www.myspace.com/zergzilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 21, 2008 5:51 pm

I agree, the way they ended with the joker not dying, and with 2 face supposedly dying paints the picture of the joker being in number 3, and not two face. Two face is a pretty one - dimensional character now, and would get boring if he was the main villain in the movie. He is just angry at the world and flips a coin to see who lives and who dies, it really doesnt get much deeper than that, which is in stark contrast to the joker, whom even though has been killing people for 2 1/2 hours, is still a mystery.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 21, 2008 6:03 pm

"Do you wanna know how I got these scars...?"

YES!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 21, 2008 7:12 pm

After the original batman, i found all the others to be lack luster. This series Batman Begins/Dark Knight rehashed my love for Batman. He was never supposed to be cartoonie, always dark and mysterious.

Heath Ledger was the best supervillan ever. He was completely what the joker is supposed to be, vile and perplexing. While I thought Nickolson was the best, I have to give Heath the award, I never took my eyes off..he is the yin to batman's yang.

y so serious.........

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 21, 2008 7:15 pm

I kinda of got that Dent was dead.
Which does leave the question open of whoose the next Bat-villian?
Nolan wants to keep the movies realistic, which to me negates, Mr. Freeze, Man-Bat, Killer Croc and Poison Ivy. Most likely canidate to me is Riddler.

Back to top Go down

Post by Miaka Mon Jul 21, 2008 7:38 pm

Sadly, whatever extended Joker plotlines they had in mind, MUST be put to death. There is no way they could ever replace Heath Ledger's Joker. No one could play it that well. Ever. No one. If/when they do a third installment of Batman, it will have no Joker plot, I am sure, except perhaps in background talk like "Joker in Arkham.. blah blah de blah".

Which means we'll never really know how he got those scars...
Miaka
Miaka
Level 3
Level 3

Back to top Go down

Post by Torem Mon Jul 21, 2008 7:40 pm

Penguin?
Torem
Torem
Site Admin
Site Admin

Number of posts : 2198
Registration date : 2008-05-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Miaka Mon Jul 21, 2008 7:47 pm

Torem wrote:Penguin?

Catwoman would be good at taking over the roles of "arch-nemesis" and "leading lady" in one go. But Penguin and Riddler are good too.

The big question? Who could possibly play any of these roles as good as Heath Ledger did the Joker? I bet the movie casting crew are racking their minds like mad over that one. Otherwise they'll never make anymore money
Miaka
Miaka
Level 3
Level 3

Back to top Go down

Post by Zergzilla Mon Jul 21, 2008 7:58 pm

I hate to be the bad idea guy here, but I think that Catwoman would be good for someone new. The only actress that would "look" the part that is around is MAYBE Jessica Alba and she has a deal with Marvel.
Zergzilla
Zergzilla
Level 3
Level 3

Number of posts : 1337
Registration date : 2008-05-28

http://www.myspace.com/zergzilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 21, 2008 8:26 pm

no....not alba.
she has no depth as an actress. most of her stuff makes me yawn....sure she has the sex appeal, but I watch these movies for the acting not the chemistry.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 21, 2008 8:27 pm

I think the next villian is going to be the scarecrow.... they kind of let into it for the first one... Twisted Evil

Back to top Go down

Post by Miaka Mon Jul 21, 2008 8:59 pm

I think we need someone completely out of the blue that everyone is gonna be like "Why the hell did they pick HER?" 'cause lemme tell you, that's what I thought when I heard Heath Ledger was the Joker. I was like, What? He's Mr. Prince Charming, WTF were they thinking casting him as the Joker? Well, look what happened there.

Going on that line of thought, Rachel McAdams as Catwoman?? LOL
Miaka
Miaka
Level 3
Level 3

Back to top Go down

Post by Torem Mon Jul 21, 2008 9:02 pm

Zergzilla wrote:I hate to be the bad idea guy here, but I think that Catwoman would be good for someone new. The only actress that would "look" the part that is around is MAYBE Jessica Alba and she has a deal with Marvel.

Marvel owns DC. I don't imagine it would take much to arrange things if they wanted.
Torem
Torem
Site Admin
Site Admin

Number of posts : 2198
Registration date : 2008-05-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Insolent Mon Jul 21, 2008 9:06 pm

Richard Simmons as cat woman!
Insolent
Insolent
VN Member
VN Member

Number of posts : 893
Registration date : 2008-06-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Insolent Mon Jul 21, 2008 9:08 pm

What about the ventriloquist?
Insolent
Insolent
VN Member
VN Member

Number of posts : 893
Registration date : 2008-06-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 22, 2008 1:43 am

Can this suit stand up to a tiger attack?

Maybe a housecat.

(Catwoman teaser)

Back to top Go down

Post by Miaka Tue Jul 22, 2008 1:47 am

grak182 wrote:Can this suit stand up to a tiger attack?

Maybe a housecat.

(Catwoman teaser)

Ho ho! Didn't catch that! Good job!
Miaka
Miaka
Level 3
Level 3

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 22, 2008 6:56 am

I'm on an apply computer... The X in the top right corner is in the top left corner... Exclamation

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 22, 2008 8:53 am

I read on the internet last night they are in the works of making a superman vs Batman movie. Its going to be about the two fighting crime together and superman get angry at the way batman does crime fighting and they end up turning on each other at the end and fighting. I love batman with a passion but I got my money on superman winning!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 22, 2008 11:37 am

Miaka wrote:I think we need someone completely out of the blue that everyone is gonna be like "Why the hell did they pick HER?" 'cause lemme tell you, that's what I thought when I heard Heath Ledger was the Joker. I was like, What? He's Mr. Prince Charming, WTF were they thinking casting him as the Joker? Well, look what happened there.

Going on that line of thought, Rachel McAdams as Catwoman?? LOL

totally, naht lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 22, 2008 4:54 pm

Dark Knight Discussion ******SPOILERS AHEAD****** Joker_wizardfull

Wanna see a trick?

Back to top Go down

Post by 8Ball-Erebu Tue Jul 22, 2008 5:33 pm

Johnny dep was 1 of the "replacements" for joker... I think he would be 1 of the few people to be able to fill the role of joker..
8Ball-Erebu
8Ball-Erebu
Level 2
Level 2

Number of posts : 617
Registration date : 2008-05-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down