The Art of War USx Rd 16 | VN/BFP Travian Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

funniest link ever

4 posters

Go down

funniest link ever Empty funniest link ever

Post by Guest Thu Sep 11, 2008 4:48 pm

http://www.thewebsiteisdown.com/

Tech humor...enjoy!

Back to top Go down

funniest link ever Empty Re: funniest link ever

Post by Miaka Thu Sep 11, 2008 4:49 pm

Insolent linked the YouTube of this under some computer question thread... but yes, that IS the funniest video ever, I've watched it 4 times and I think I'm gonna watch it again 'cause it's so awesome...
Miaka
Miaka
Level 3
Level 3

Number of posts : 1930
Registration date : 2008-06-03

http://www.myspace.com/bakamiaka

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 11, 2008 5:26 pm

lol. now i know why my tech support is so nonresponsive sometimes....lol.

Back to top Go down

Post by Lysander Thu Sep 11, 2008 5:30 pm

WTH. Im at school, and they have more bandwidth then you can possible need. And I cant get the video to buffer. I guess I will wait until I get home and watch it on my SLOWER internet connection without having to wait for it to buffer. lol
Seen it before, thought it was really funny. Just wanted to watch it again Sad
Lysander
Lysander

Number of posts : 1573
Registration date : 2008-05-29

http://merx.clannow.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Miaka Thu Sep 11, 2008 5:36 pm

Sometimes school internet slows access to video feeds. I got pissed about that shit when we were YouTubing videos on the projector before class in my Japanese class and one day they didn't work as well as before. Too bad the idiot techs at my school didn't slow internet to WoW. I remember sitting in the back of my pharmacology class questing away on some low level characters... ahh, the good ol' days...
Miaka
Miaka
Level 3
Level 3

Back to top Go down

Post by Lysander Thu Sep 11, 2008 5:43 pm

We arent given the power to install games. And for the classes that require that kinda of lvl of administration. We work on boxes not connected to the campus network. But I dont blame them. They are just trying to protect their computer network.
A pc in a Pharmacology class?????? must be nice to have a pc in a non pc class. Not at my school tho. lol
Lysander
Lysander

Number of posts : 1573
Registration date : 2008-05-29

http://merx.clannow.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 11, 2008 5:55 pm

I remember we had to bring our laptops to our business management class to take quizes at the start of class....I didn't learn a thing in there, but I managed an A on the final. Razz

Ahh...the original Halo was amazing. I remember we would plug into the school's network and do 16 player matches. The pistol was so strong you didn't really need anything else. Twisted Evil

Back to top Go down

Post by Mal__Reynolds Thu Sep 11, 2008 6:04 pm

Crimzin wrote:Ahh...the original Halo was amazing. I remember we would plug into the school's network and do 16 player matches. The pistol was so strong you didn't really need anything else. Twisted Evil

Pissed me off in Halo 2 when they took it's power down. I ruled with the pistol on Halo, but after that it just wasn't the same.
Mal__Reynolds
Mal__Reynolds
VN Member
VN Member

Number of posts : 476
Registration date : 2008-06-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 11, 2008 6:15 pm

In 2 you could dual wield it with the plasma pistol and 2-shot people....in 3 it's absolutely worthless though. It's only good as a club.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mal__Reynolds Thu Sep 11, 2008 6:24 pm

I did like to do the plasma pistol trick. Worked quite well. One of my favorite guns that isn't the most effective but just looked cool was the needler, all those spikes.... Twisted Evil .
Mal__Reynolds
Mal__Reynolds
VN Member
VN Member

Number of posts : 476
Registration date : 2008-06-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Miaka Thu Sep 11, 2008 6:36 pm

Pretty much any class that had notes you had to take down allowed you to have a PC. However, in pharmacology, the teacher was... well, let's just say we all thought he experimented with the drugs himself, and then he later PROVED he did by telling us about the experiment he had done involving THC.... basically, they found the chemical component that goes off in your brain when you smoke marijuana (THC). So they recreated it, and decided to inject it into you to see the effects, and he thought this was such a cool idea he volunteered to be injected with it... the base dosage for a new drug that they have no idea what effect it will have on someone is 1/18 of a miligram (basically, non-existant) and they dosed him with it. He then went into a semi-coma-like state where he just sat in the chair while they asked him questions and he just stared at them smiling. They wanted to test his comprehension and physical abilities by asking him to do simple commands, such as "Stand up" and he did nothing. They stood him up themselves, and he just stood there, so they asked him to sit down and he did nothing. They freaked, tested his reflexes and monitored his vitals, and he seemed fine, but they were perplexed as to what happened.. they later found that 1/18 of a miligram of this chemical is equivalent to injecting yourself with 10 gallons of liquid marijuana (or around something like that LOL) When the drug was out of his system he told them "I heard you ask me to stand, I heard you asking me to sit, and I heard you worrying about me.. but my thought process was 'I'm happy here, so... why should I move?'"

This guy also gave cocaine to lab rats. There was no note taking in this class, you just listened to his bizarre stories and took his tests. A question from one of his tests was:

A lab mouse is trained to take a small round piece of metal, go to a contraption, put the metal piece into a slot, pull a level, and he gets a food pellet. What would you call this?

A) conditioned reflex
B) learned behavior
C) a vending machine

Yes, the correct answer was C... see why I played WoW in the back of class?
Miaka
Miaka
Level 3
Level 3

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 11, 2008 8:38 pm

That is totally what I do for a living! But instead of Halo it's Travian.

1. The Remote Assistance tool is the best thing ever for Tech support.

2. Sales Guy: "Ahh put my icons back" Tech Support: "Sorry I can't sort by Penis"

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 11, 2008 8:50 pm

I want that job

Back to top Go down

Post by 8Ball Fri Sep 12, 2008 2:07 am

Jyn-Turkeyllama wrote:I want that job

I have that job!
8Ball
8Ball
Level 2