The Art of War USx Rd 16 | VN/BFP Travian Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You all know I'm a big movie person...

4 posters

Go down

You all know I'm a big movie person... Empty You all know I'm a big movie person...

Post by Miaka Thu Jan 08, 2009 10:55 pm

I know this is long, so if you're not a big movie buff like me, feels free to skip it. This is just what I posted on my Livejournal blog...

Decided to comment on Yahoo's top 20 most anticipated movies of 2009 (which is actually 22 movies, but okay) and add my own movie anticipations and disparage Yahoo's, while very few, crap choices:

Watchmen: Releasing in March, a movie about DC Comics Watchmen graphic novel. I have yet to read Watchmen still (it is awaiting me at Brittany's house, and I haven't had a chance to visit) but the previews alone have me itching to watch this movie. Since DC has decided to put an interest forward in the movies that are being produced based on it's comics, said movies have started to become GOOD. For example, compare Batman Begins to The Dark Knight. I rest my case.

Monsters vs. Aliens: OMG a cartoon with HOUSE? I haven't known him to do any animated work, Hugh Laurie usually rings "rich British dude" to me from the movies I have seen him in (after House, of course, he will always just be House to me). The cartoon itself looks cute, it's a Dreamworks picture, so it'll be a slightly more adult humor to it unlike the Disney/Pixar flicks, which can be refreshing (Shrek) or ZOMG-WTF-were-you-thinking (Madagascar). I'll likely watch it.

Fast & Furious = NO, BAD MONKEY, NO! What the HELL people! You have KILLED this stupid ass genre, absolutely KILLED it. The Fast and The Furious, yes, that was an excellent sexy cars movie, with sexy people, going super fast, and being sexy while doing it. But THE END. It only worked because it was a first for the time period. Continuing and continuing this is absolutely KILLING the brain cells of America. The only reason people will see this movie? Because they'll see a preview on TV or in the theaters and the preview alone will destroy so many brain cells that they'll be able to officially be deemed mentally unstable and pay money to see this shit.

X-Men Origins: Wolverine: I shouldn't even need to comment... Of all the superhero comics out there, I was most addicted to the X-Men. Of all the superhero movies out there, I most love the X-Men series (Batman is catching up, The Dark Knight would be enough to push Batman to number one had it not been prequeled by Batman Begins). And the most loved X-man growing up? Gambit. Who shows up in X-Men Origins? GAMBIT! Ah, Gambit, my beloved... Hugh Jackman, you were my favorite X-man, with your furry half-nakedness in every movie, and the bulging sexy muscles, and the damn gorgeous face of yours, but I cannot betray my true love. Let's just hope they don't f*ck up on the Gambit character...

Star Trek: Holy. Freaking. Crap. I would never deem myself a Trekkie, I have in fact watched possibly 1 full episode of Star Trek my whole life. What with there being like 4-5 different names and 30 different seasons, I really didn't care to get into it. I've seen pieces of the old Kirk episodes, and pieces of the new Picard episodes. Totally couldn't have cared less. But now... a movie, directed by J.J. Abrams of LOST... starring freaking Sylar from Heroes... and Harold from the Harold and Kumar films... throw in all the scottish accents that were bandied about, and my mouth went dry with desire at this trailer. Never considered myself a Trekkie, but now I am totally willing to convert....

Angels & Demons: I read the book, and for those of you who don't know, this is the prequel to The DaVinci Code, not a sequel. Same type of story, Robert Langdon needs to save the world from an evil religious conspiracy, big mystery and search ensues. What sets this apart? This story is a lot more lethal than The DaVinci Code was, and in my opinion, a lot more sick. This could also be because I am Catholic, so this touches me a bit closer to home, who knows. But the book was excellent, so I'll definitely sit in for the film.

Night at the Museum 2: Meh. The first was okay. A sequel sounds really really stupid. What the heck is gonna be the story here? The preview doesn't even look good. I'm totally NOT anticipating this nor am I gonna see it (unless for some bizarre reason I hear from all my friends that it was an amazing film)

Terminator: Salvation: = BAD BAD MONKEY, BAD!! NO!! NO COOKIE FOR YOU! To quote myself when I first heard of this movie during The Dark Knight, "You disappoint me Batman!!!!" First Terminator, meh, okay, whatever, that movie killed in the 80's. Second Terminator, yes, that movie was awesome, go early 90's, congrats. THIRD TERMINATOR?? We don't need one every fucking decade! And the THIRD Terminator was STUPID. STUPID STUPID STUPID! Rip my hair out and kick a fucking puppy STUPID! Now a fourth? A FOURTH??? And the bastards didn't even have the gall to wait a whole decade this time! Damn you Schwarzenegger!!! You're not even in this one, and yet I BLAME you!!!

Up: Anything Pixar = YES. Granted, I have yet to watch Ratatouille still because the thought seemed stupid to me, but I loved every other Pixar film, so I hold no doubts that this will be a rounding success.

Land of the Lost: For anyone who watched the TV show, this is a must see. YES, I saw that Will Ferrell is the star... I will try and overlook this for the sake of nostalgia...

Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen: Obviously this is gonna be a big must-see for geeks everywhere. I swear, the geeks of the world must be shitting themselves with the 2009 movie line-up... There are no words necessary for Transformers (at least not until a trailer is born)

Ice Age: Dawn of the Dinosaurs: WTF they made ANOTHER one?? Ugh, it's like Terminator and The Fast and the Furious all over again... I'm okay with sequels, for instance, I'm actually anticipating the fourth Shrek film (this may make some of you gasp in horror...) and also the fourth Pirates of the Caribbean movie (what, you didn't hear about that?) but not this one... I dunno, maybe it'll be good if the dinosaurs come and eat John Leguizamo's character... I'd watch that.

Public Enemies: Christian Bale again, boy is he getting popular. But more importantly is JOHNNY DEPP SQUEEEE!!!!! Old 1930's crime movie. Not generally my type of film, but anything Johnny Depp is ALWAYS my type of film, so we shall see.

Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince: The trailer for this film has gotten me absolutely giddy. Both the first one, and the one I caught in theaters. It looks like an incredible addition to the franchise. The Harry Potter films have gotten better with age (and experience for the actors). And even greater joy, this will NOT be the penultimate Harry Potter film, so fans everywhere can rejoice that there are TWO more spans of anxiously awaiting the next film. I personally think they can't possibly fit all the information from HBP in one film alone, but at least the finally split a movie in the last one, 'cause that one DEFINITELY can't be told in one go.

Funny People: How the heck did this make the "top anticipated films of 2009" on Yahoo's website? Did Adam Sandler buy out Yahoo or something? I don't see how ANYONE is anticipating this. I had never even heard of it, so how is this anticipated? No trailers neither, doesn't come out until late in the year, so how is this anticipating? I think I'll avoid seeing this film just out of spite for it making the damn list.

G.I. Joe: Rise of Cobra: G I JOOOOOOOEEE!!!!!! It's America's version of Street Fighter! Originally created by Japan! Ahh, nostalgia... sure, why not, just for shits and giggles..

Inglourious Basterds: I don't like Quentin Tarantino much... or more of, I haven't seen any Quentin Tarantino. Nothing by him really caught my eye. THIS, however, looks cool. A group of soldiers set out to terrorize the Nazis? Sure, any other blood and gore movie I say no to, but scalp a Nazi and I'm there.

Where the Wild Things Are: YAY!!! ZOMG!!! YAY!!! Nostalgia out the rear!!!! Dunno what it is about this years films, all seem to come from my childhood o.O

The Wolfman: Uhhh sure? This made the Yahoo 2009 list... but... yeah, why not... we needed a new werewolf movie? Apparently there's been too much emphasis on vampires? I need more info on this before I can proceed...

Sherlock Holmes: Hell freaking yeah! I loved the Sherlock Holmes stories written by Sir Doyle, so if done right this should be a great film! So long as it's done right... right... damnit Hollywood, don't fuck it up!

Avatar: James Cameron? Making a movie about humans battling aliens? Wow, oh my gosh, totally unexpected! Damn, the sarcasm button on my laptop seems to be broken... This bastard is the whole damn reason I have to deal with this retarded Terminator bullshit. I don't know how I feel about this one. However, he did bring us Titanic and Aliens... So conflicted... I need a preview : /

The Princess and the Frog: I have been wondering for years when Disney was going to finally make a new Princess movie. No, Enchanted did not count, that was mainly live action. I meant a traditional animated princess film, like those I grew up with. They finally made one! And even better, they set it in the good ol' state of Louisiana!! I don't know how a southern belle is supposed to become a princess since never in my knowledge has the United States ever had a monarchy, but hey, it's Disney, they get an automatic benefit-of-the-doubt...

Well, that's the end of Yahoo's list. Now for my personal anticipations that Yahoo stupidly skipped over in preference for retarded things...

Inkheart: This is my big movie. I've been waiting on this one since 2005. I absolutely LOVED this book. My only concern has always been that Brendan Frasier is playing the dad. Completely doesn't fit the character for me. But hey! It's coming out in a couple of weeks, so at least I'll finally get to find out if he was worth the character spot.

Underworld: Rise of the Lycans: Did this not make the list because it comes out January 23rd? The first two Underworlds were pretty good I thought... unless I'm remembering the wrong vampire films? I honestly really liked the Underworld films Sad Why was this not anticipated??? Maybe it's because it's a prequel, not a sequel? I dunno, but I'm definitely tuning in...

Dragonball Evolution: For those who need to see it, YouTube link to preview of epic fail. Why the hell is Goku white? Not one single Asian actor volunteered to play Goku? If you're going to make freaking GOKU white, why is the rest of the cast Asian?? Pick a pattern and FOLLOW IT >.< The preview has depressed me. The first snippets I was hearing of this movie got me excited. Yes, Dragon Ball Z has been done to death, the whole Dragon Ball franchise was way overblown, but before that all got out of control, Dragon Ball was awesome. A movie would have been so sweet. But a white Goku and a Piccolo that looks like something out of Jimmy Neutron: Boy Genius... I think I've lost all hope for this film. But I'll still go see it... just to torture myself...

I think that's all I was looking forward to for this year. Wow. A really jam packed year for movies. I hope I'll get to see them all before they come out on DVD.
Miaka
Miaka
Level 3
Level 3

Number of posts : 1930
Registration date : 2008-06-03

http://www.myspace.com/bakamiaka

Back to top Go down

You all know I'm a big movie person... Empty Re: You all know I'm a big movie person...

Post by 1twiztedpixie Thu Jan 08, 2009 11:11 pm

a movie i look forward to in 2010: Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs. If you have not read that book, (or even for Sebastian, that book rocks) you should. It's a picture book, yes, but it is AWESOME!!!!
1twiztedpixie
1twiztedpixie
Level 2
Level 2

Number of posts : 528
Registration date : 2008-09-11

http://www.stringsattachedaz.com

Back to top Go down

You all know I'm a big movie person... Empty Re: You all know I'm a big movie person...

Post by Miaka Thu Jan 08, 2009 11:22 pm

EDIT: My uncle just brought these two gems to my attention:

Astro BoyYou all know I'm a big movie person... T: with the trailer he showed me being hereYou all know I'm a big movie person... T. Looks suh-weeeeeeeeeeet!!!

FanboysYou all know I'm a big movie person... T: Trailer hereYou all know I'm a big movie person... T. I have seen this trailer before, and apparently it showed at some film festival in '08 with a release date of Feb. '09. I am definitely loving up on this film, it looks absolutely brilliant (and every male geek's dream ha ha ha)
Miaka
Miaka
Level 3
Level 3

Number of posts : 1930
Registration date : 2008-06-03

http://www.myspace.com/bakamiaka

Back to top Go down

Post by ToxicLove Fri Jan 09, 2009 12:40 am

ok, i like...

xmen, transformers 2, HP, underworld... think angels and demons was a way better book than da vinci code, im a sci fi nerd... so i want to see star trek with my dad.. cause those were the days when i was like 10yrs old watching the old tv series with my dad.

the cartoon with hugh laurie will be interesting.. english or american accent???
ToxicLove
ToxicLove
Level 4
Level 4

Number of posts : 3615
Registration date : 2008-05-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadow_Flower-Mira Fri Jan 09, 2009 3:11 am

I as well have been waiting for Inkheart, hope they don't try to put images from Inkspell in it and mess it up or I will be pissed. I also want to watch Angels and Demons and agree that it is alot bloodier. I love the cool symbols and can't wait to see them all over. Smile
Shadow_Flower-Mira
Shadow_Flower-Mira
Rookie
Rookie

Number of posts : 57
Registration date : 2008-11-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down