The Art of War USx Rd 16 | VN/BFP Travian Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Miracle Fruit Tablets make you go WOW

5 posters

Go down

Miracle Fruit Tablets make you go WOW Empty Miracle Fruit Tablets make you go WOW

Post by Miaka Tue Oct 07, 2008 3:37 am

So, I tried this stuff called Miracle Fruit TabletsMiracle Fruit Tablets make you go WOW T, which is basically the miracle berryMiracle Fruit Tablets make you go WOW T freeze dried and put into tablet form. You can read up on it for full info, but basically, you take this pill and anything sour you eat afterwards tastes sweet. It blocks your sour/bitter receptors on your tongue.

Well, this was an amazing experience. My husband and I went to the grocery store and bought an array of sour foods to try, mostly those that were listed as "amazing" from other web sites / YouTube videos, some were Insolent's own ideas. We took the pill, and dove right in. We decided to start with what was supposed to be the sourest item we had: the lime. Well, we were very stupid in that we did not try the lime BEFORE eating the pill so we had no idea what it was supposed to taste like, but the lime was quite delicious, although it still burned my throat when I swallowed (it may make it taste sweet, but the acid is still there). Next up was the orange. Now oranges I am iffy on, because sweet oranges are good, but mostly I find oranges to be WAY too sour (I am highly sensitive to sour foods). Under the influence of this pill... OMG... oranges are AMAZING. I have never eaten something I loved quite so much as that orange... *drools while remembering...* I gobbled down that whole orange instantly... Insolent wanted to try radishes, and I tasted it beforehand and it tasted like vomit to me. Afterwards, it had absolutely no flavor, which was a big improvement on the vomit flavor, but no flavor is boring. We tried goat cheese as well. Before, goat chees was rather disgusting, kinda like a sour cheese gone really bad. Afterwards, it was sweetened, and similar to a cheap brand of cheesecake. A big improvement. Pineapple tasted much the same. We had a granny smith apple, which normally I cannot tolerate, and it turned into a very sweet apple that was pleasant and home-y tasting. Then the greatest surprise of all, the tomato. I generally hate tomatos. I can eat tomato sauces, like on pizza or spaghetti, but usually they are seasoned so the tomato-y-ness isn't as bad. I have never before been able to eat a plain tomato without spitting it out. Well, this tomato was like nothing I've ever eaten in my life. Can't really describe it. My head conjures up phrases like "very pale" and "softly sweet". Just really, you can't put words to that tomato...

Then came the sad part for me. Insolent wanted to try tabasco sauce, because that was described as "hot melted donut glaze". He tries it, says it's good. I tried it... and it BURNED. I couldn't even concentrate on the flavor because of the burn. So I rushed to the sink and washed my mouth repeatedly with water, which ended up washing away the effects of the pill No However, the next day, I got another round with this pill because my friend came over to try it! This time we tried lemon, strawberries, cranberries, grapes, watermelon, oranges again, tomato again, and Hot Cheetos. This time I tried every food that first, then took the pill. I couldn't take the lemon, I almost threw up. The orange was HIDEOUSLY sour. Cranberries were nasty. It was bad. Then afterwards, WOW, AGAIN, WOW. I have never been able to eat a strawberry plain before without smothering it in sugar, and this strawberry was better than even those strawberries covered in sugar were. The lemon was good, but as I said, it still burned a bit. The cranberries were more like oddly flavored raisins, or some weird hybrid fruit. Grapes were increased in tastiness. Watermelon was exactly the same. The orange was my favorite again, I couldn't get enough of it. The big surprise was the Hot Cheetos. Normally those taste gross to me, but this time they were tasty, although not necesarily sweet, and there was still a bit of a burn to them, but the flavor was good instead of gross. Very interesting.

So, with these successful first missions, I am now in the planning stages of a flavor-tripping party. After all, I gotta share the joy with everyone. And now I am considering making this the premise of my friend's bachelorette party. The flavor tripping party is also going to include salt & vinegar chips (which I already like, so this will be interesting), black coffee (cold, because if it's hot it will undo the effects of the miraculin), stout beer, and many many more new things. Just had to share this with you all because it's really just that cool....
Miaka
Miaka
Level 3
Level 3

Number of posts : 1930
Registration date : 2008-06-03

http://www.myspace.com/bakamiaka

Back to top Go down

Miracle Fruit Tablets make you go WOW Empty Re: Miracle Fruit Tablets make you go WOW

Post by TabMaster-Toolbox Tue Oct 07, 2008 4:33 am

I'm totally going to do this now.
TabMaster-Toolbox
TabMaster-Toolbox
Rookie
Rookie

Number of posts : 439
Registration date : 2008-07-01

Back to top Go down

Miracle Fruit Tablets make you go WOW Empty Re: Miracle Fruit Tablets make you go WOW

Post by Chainer Tue Oct 07, 2008 7:18 am

This weekend, my brother-in-law had some of these pills at thier house and was trying stuff out with it. He totally went off on the grapes and tomatoes they tried but said pickles were'nt much of an improvement.
Being a scceptic, I didn't try it...Personally I wanted to see if he broke out in a hive because they, the pills, came from China and everything from there seems to be being recalled at the moment.
Chainer
Chainer
Level 3
Level 3

Number of posts : 1917
Registration date : 2008-06-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Insolent Tue Oct 07, 2008 10:38 am

Chainer wrote:This weekend, my brother-in-law had some of these pills at thier house and was trying stuff out with it. He totally went off on the grapes and tomatoes they tried but said pickles were'nt much of an improvement.
Being a scceptic, I didn't try it...Personally I wanted to see if he broke out in a hive because they, the pills, came from China and everything from there seems to be being recalled at the moment.

Tomatoes would be my favorite. I didn't get a chance to try the strawberry or grapes. Orange was good Smile
Insolent
Insolent
VN Member
VN Member

Number of posts : 893
Registration date : 2008-06-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Miaka Tue Oct 07, 2008 12:58 pm

Chainer wrote:This weekend, my brother-in-law had some of these pills at thier house and was trying stuff out with it. He totally went off on the grapes and tomatoes they tried but said pickles were'nt much of an improvement.

They aren't from China, they're from Japan >.< I hate how everyone sees that kind of writing and automatically assumes Chinese, the writing on the box is Japanese. Also, the berry itself is from Africa, so take that! Razz
Miaka
Miaka
Level 3
Level 3

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 07, 2008 1:24 pm

Normally that would get a tl;dr but since its you miaka you get a tl;whydidispendtimereadingthat?

Razz

Back to top Go down

Post by Miaka Tue Oct 07, 2008 1:30 pm

He he he he, sorry, I got excited and went off on a mad rant!
Miaka
Miaka
Level 3
Level 3

Back to top Go down

Post by Chainer Tue Oct 07, 2008 4:50 pm

lol...Hey, I was just adding some tid bits to your story trying to establish a connection with your post..

Please don't be offended when I said Chinese. I saw the box for a whole minuet or so and didn't quite remember where he said they were from. I said Chinese because it was the first thing to come to mind at 4am this morning.

I hope you enjoyed the oppertunity to give it try and I will be doing likewise now that their were at least two test groups.
Chainer
Chainer
Level 3
Level 3

Number of posts : 1917
Registration date : 2008-06-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Paragon-Kol Tue Oct 07, 2008 5:52 pm

I'm now $25 poorer, ordering a box of these things. I'm reckless with money.
Paragon-Kol
Paragon-Kol
Level 2
Level 2

Number of posts : 807
Registration date : 2008-05-31

Back to top Go down

Post by Miaka Tue Oct 07, 2008 5:56 pm

If you read the wikipedia article, the berry can't get a major sponsor or whatever to market the product in the U.S. because the sugar/candy companies would all fail instantly because this thing works just that good. Who needs candy that makes you fat when you can eat healthy fruit or veggies and have them taste like candy too? It's not banned by the FDA or illegal because it is perfectly safe, just the sugar companies paid off whatever was needed to keep this thing from getting marketed.

And yeah Kol.. we loved ours so much when we move we're going to buy the plant itself and grow it in our yard (it grows best in humid environments, YAY LOUISIANA!)
Miaka
Miaka
Level 3
Level 3

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down