The Art of War USx Rd 16 | VN/BFP Travian Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Twilight

+8
Lysander
BlackOps
Alkirra
ToxicLove
Miaka
McGrouch-Mclelandr
Samz
8Ball
12 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Twilight Empty Twilight

Post by 8Ball Fri Nov 21, 2008 3:50 am

Ok so who here has heard of the Twilight Series (made up of 4 books) by Stephenie Meyer?
Ok so who here has read them?

I absolutely loved the books. The 1st one was originally written for adults but didn't receive any interest until teenagers started reading them. Now people (mostly woman) of all ages are reading them. They are a very easy read. Any one who has ever watched the TV show Buffy the Vampire Slayer will like this. I have never read a book more than once. I've read these books twice and would have read at least the 1st one for a 3rd time had I energy when I got home from work anymore.

Now, the main reason for this post is that my family and I got tickets to see the midnight showing of the movie Twilight, based on the 1st book of the series. I have always been one who goes into a movie taking it for what it is and try not to compare it to the book. I watched the movie and I have no decided if I like it or not. They raced through the story line, switched things up more than I have ever seen in a book turned movie, and wow... the acting... just some parts of it were just... wow. If anyone goes to see the movie, you'll have to let me know what you thought of it.
8Ball
8Ball
Level 2
Level 2

Number of posts : 949
Registration date : 2008-07-09

Back to top Go down

Twilight Empty Re: Twilight

Post by Samz Fri Nov 21, 2008 4:24 am

Never heard of em Razz
Samz
Samz
Level 3
Level 3

Number of posts : 1772
Registration date : 2008-05-12

http://www.travian.us/?uc=usx_4407

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 21, 2008 10:31 am

I'm waiting for Nemo to come in on this... I swear... Twilight is like an Emo/Goth conspiracy to make themselves feel more justified...

Even though I always thought that Goth and Emo were all about being different and showing your individuality that way... How can you be different when you are just being like everyone else that wants to be different? /rant

Back to top Go down

Post by McGrouch-Mclelandr Fri Nov 21, 2008 11:01 am

I know the movie wasn't getting great reviews... but was selling out all of the midnight showings.

I've never read the books and wasn't planning on seeing it though.
McGrouch-Mclelandr
McGrouch-Mclelandr
Rookie
Rookie

Number of posts : 306
Registration date : 2008-05-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Miaka Fri Nov 21, 2008 11:56 am

I've read all 4 books twice ('cause when I finished the fourth I was like.... it can't be over, I need more!!! and started again) And I already heard all over the internet that this movie will be VASTLY disappointing to all readers.

That said, I am still going to watch it, and plan on seeing it sometime this weekend with Insolent, because it was my birthday so this is my present, he will be forced to watch a girly movie with a bunch of teenagers going SQUEEEE in the movie theater over Robert Pattinson.
Miaka
Miaka
Level 3
Level 3

Number of posts : 1930
Registration date : 2008-06-03

http://www.myspace.com/bakamiaka

Back to top Go down

Post by 8Ball Fri Nov 21, 2008 3:55 pm

I'm not saying the movie sucked. The movie was ok and was made for a teenage audience. When it come out on DVD I will probably download the torrent for it and watch it on cable. As I told BO, if Stephenie Meyer had pulled a J.K. Rowling and gone with WB or some other major study when doing it, it would have come out sooooooo much better.

And Miaka, right! The books were just like OMG. NO, it can't stop. I need more. WTH! The crowd wasn't bad at midnight and I recommend going to the 1st showing on Saturday or Sunday. You usually can a very small crowd of people that early in the morning Smile
8Ball
8Ball
Level 2
Level 2

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 21, 2008 4:03 pm

Never heard of them. How many of you would recomand reading the book?

Back to top Go down

Post by 8Ball Fri Nov 21, 2008 4:36 pm

OMG! Well, for girls I strongly recommend them. For guys, I would say try to give book 1 a chance and then decide. They are very easy read and I obsolutely love them. Again, they are the only books I have ever read more than once.
8Ball
8Ball
Level 2
Level 2

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 21, 2008 4:41 pm

That helps. Now I need to read book 1.

Back to top Go down

Post by Miaka Fri Nov 21, 2008 4:42 pm

I am a BIG reader. Ask my husband, he'll just give you the mind boggled look anytime he thinks about my vast amount of books. And I LOVED this series.

Although book 4 disappointed the hell out of me. Just at the very beginning. Once I wrapped my mind around the fact that the series was taking a turn into a completely different and bizarre direction, I loved it again.
Miaka
Miaka
Level 3
Level 3

Back to top Go down

Post by 8Ball Fri Nov 21, 2008 4:48 pm

Ya, BO was giving me a hard time about them. Whenever he called he would ask if I did anything that day other than read the books or knew that I had been up all night reading them, etc. I couldn't help it. I couldn't put them down, I would reread a page here and there because I just loved it so much, and when it was all done I had to read them again. I actually grabbed the 1st one for a 3rd time but have been so tired that I haven't been able to get very far Sad

Oh, and I'm even wearing the shirt I wore last night that says "Your scent is like a drug to me" on the front and "Twilight" on the back Smile
8Ball
8Ball
Level 2
Level 2

Back to top Go down

Post by Miaka Fri Nov 21, 2008 7:14 pm

OMG I found the books at the end of last server, so pretty much would click "Send wheat twice" to all the WW villages and then curl up in bed reading while letting the kid watch Finding Nemo over and over and over again LOL I didn't pay attention to anything, I just read. My husband thought I was too addicted to Travian, but I was actually just staying up and reading by the light of my laptop because I didn't wanna go to another room and stay up too too late, but I couldn't put the book down and go to bed right that second...
Miaka
Miaka
Level 3
Level 3

Back to top Go down

Post by 8Ball Fri Nov 21, 2008 7:37 pm

I got into them around the same time. BO was a little upset with me because I wasn't paying much attention to the account. I would que a few things to build, build some troops, and then wouldn't be on again for hours. I didn't mean to. I just lost track of time from reading. I was so into them that I thought it would have only been 30min and it was 2hrs.
8Ball
8Ball
Level 2
Level 2

Back to top Go down

Post by ToxicLove Fri Nov 21, 2008 8:53 pm

my dual reads the books.. he is a guy.. read the first one.. and bought the second one... so im seeing the movie tomorrow... hehe.

i love reading books.. and have a huge ocd problem about hardcover books... and having all the books in the same series match in size and stuff... and i can only find books 2, 3, and 4 in hardcover.. and book one... i find the paperback.. with the movie cover .. and id rather have the original .. cause that matches the others.. i have issues.. so i refuse to buy the books.. so watching the movie instead.. and will buy the books if i like the movie.
ToxicLove
ToxicLove
Level 4
Level 4

Number of posts : 3615
Registration date : 2008-05-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Alkirra Fri Nov 21, 2008 9:04 pm

Skittles-Slevin wrote:I'm waiting for Nemo to come in on this... I swear... Twilight is like an Emo/Goth conspiracy to make themselves feel more justified...

Even though I always thought that Goth and Emo were all about being different and showing your individuality that way... How can you be different when you are just being like everyone else that wants to be different? /rant

Teheheh you know me too well Wink

Nar, I havent read any! But Im going to get them off a chick at work! whether she likes it or not!!! Very Happy
Alkirra
Alkirra
Level 3
Level 3

Number of posts : 1017
Registration date : 2008-06-01

Back to top Go down

Post by 8Ball Fri Nov 21, 2008 9:23 pm

ToxicLove wrote:my dual reads the books.. he is a guy.. read the first one.. and bought the second one... so im seeing the movie tomorrow... hehe.

i love reading books.. and have a huge ocd problem about hardcover books... and having all the books in the same series match in size and stuff... and i can only find books 2, 3, and 4 in hardcover.. and book one... i find the paperback.. with the movie cover .. and id rather have the original .. cause that matches the others.. i have issues.. so i refuse to buy the books.. so watching the movie instead.. and will buy the books if i like the movie.

Sad We can find plenty of hardcover book 1's with original cover around here. Actually, I'm the same way. I need them either all paperback or all hardcover and I prefer to have them all have the same series of covers. Honestly, the books are 10 times better than the movie so please do not use the movie as a determination as to whether or not you read the books. Please! I beg you!
8Ball
8Ball
Level 2
Level 2

Back to top Go down

Post by ToxicLove Fri Nov 21, 2008 9:28 pm

lol, 8ball... i think with our town layout and book issues.. we might need to seek some counseling... Razz

yeah.. i just rather have paperback than hardcover.. much easier to carry around and hold when reading.
ToxicLove
ToxicLove
Level 4
Level 4

Back to top Go down

Post by 8Ball Fri Nov 21, 2008 9:47 pm

ROFL!

And I like paperback too tbh.
8Ball
8Ball
Level 2
Level 2

Back to top Go down

Post by Alkirra Fri Nov 21, 2008 10:00 pm

And I dont read much...
Alkirra
Alkirra
Level 3
Level 3

Back to top Go down

Post by 8Ball Fri Nov 21, 2008 10:06 pm

READ THESE! That's an order. Razz
8Ball
8Ball
Level 2
Level 2

Back to top Go down

Post by Miaka Sat Nov 22, 2008 12:40 am

ToxicLove wrote:my dual reads the books.. he is a guy.. read the first one.. and bought the second one... so im seeing the movie tomorrow... hehe.

Dude seriously, OMG, thank you...

I have to have all my books hardcovers, and they all have to be the same type. At first I was buying the paperbacks of Harry Potter, but when I got to book 3 and they had no paperback.... I flipped out and had to buy the first two books AGAIN in hardcover... Not to mention the Harry Potter paperbacks began to piss me off when the first two were one height, and the third-seventh were all different heights. Sadly with Twilight I bought the first in paperback instead of hardcover because we is poor and I can no longer feed my hardcover addiction... so I have two hardcovers and two paperback (New Moon is also in paperback, but that's where they end with paperbacks Sad ) and I actually keep them separated... like literally separated, the paperbacks hung out on my bookshelves, the hardcovers stayed over by the 360 and our DVDs. Don't ask me why...
Miaka
Miaka
Level 3
Level 3

Back to top Go down

Post by 8Ball Sat Nov 22, 2008 3:10 am

LOL! Miaka. That's just too funny.
8Ball
8Ball
Level 2
Level 2

Back to top Go down

Post by Alkirra Sat Nov 22, 2008 10:25 am

Rofl! whats even better is that I just checked, and I have all the Harry Potter books an paper back! XD
Alkirra
Alkirra
Level 3
Level 3

Back to top Go down

Post by ToxicLove Sat Nov 22, 2008 10:52 am

lol, HP is the only exception... my sister and i share a hardcover set.

except.. i took the last book to the beach.. and i got it water damaged... and now she is all mad at me and i have to buy us a new one.. still havent dont that, lol.

well, makes me feel better that im not the only person who has to have everything the same..

i have 3 small bookshelves in my room... and well.. they are in alpha order and everything.. i should be a mini sci-fi/fantasy book lender... (i think i read everything once.. and a few books like 4+ times)

so if you want some new stories, i can recommend some fantasy stuff.. like dragons, magic, elves.....
ToxicLove
ToxicLove
Level 4
Level 4

Back to top Go down

Post by 8Ball Sat Nov 22, 2008 11:56 am

I have a ton of books, a lot of them I have yet to read unfortunately. I'll definitely have to get in touch with you though to get some good ideas Smile
8Ball
8Ball
Level 2
Level 2

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next